Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lots of Thanks

I want to start off by wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving break! I know that I'm really glad to be out of school for a few days.
There are many people that I'm thankful for (obviously), and a few of them are in my English class.
Emma- I'm really glad to have you as one of my friends! You're funny, nice, and really talented at both running and singing. You're also a fellow Swiftie. Plus, I think you do a great job when it comes to analyzing the stories we read in English class. It's fun to talk with you, and even though I don't do crosscountry anymore I'm glad I still get to see you.
Michelle- I'm also really glad to have come to know you! I enjoy our conversations after English class everyday and hearing about how your dance class is and what you guys are doing. It's funny how we both sit at the same lunch table but it's so big we don't even really talk to each other- I swear, our six-tables-pushed-together is like the freaking Last Supper table! I also find your lunch conversations with Andy and the others hilarious- white, wheat, or banana bread? Plain, toasted? Or naw... How about microwaved? That conversation made me die with laughter.
Andrew- Guess I HAVE to write about you, since you said you were writing about me... Haha just kidding, I want to write about you. I'm glad that you're in my Band class, and that we both play the flute. I think the whole flute group is pretty cool. I'm also glad that we're both in Geometry... Wonder what I got on that last test. And of course, we have English together. It took me a few weeks to realize we shared three classes together- it didn't register for a bit. But I'm glad we do!
Brashana- I can't believe you were crazy enough to take Drama II- haha! But you're an amazing actor, and I'm glad that I was in Drama with you last year, even if it wasn't a favorite class of mine... I'm also glad that you're in my division! Your Catch Phrase group kills it, by the way. You guys are all so good at the game. I'm glad that I could talk to you about stuff last year, when I needed advice on certain things. And I was also glad that you helped Taylor and I keep our cool on the first day of school this year- the things you said to us were really encouraging.
I'm also thankful for everyone else in the class, even if I don't know all of you that well! You guys make class interesting and fun- I always laugh in English class, and it's my favorite class of the day- because quite honestly, I don't like many of my other classes.
And of course, I'm thankful for Mr. McCarthy for being a wonderful English teacher. I like how this English class helps me analyze texts in a deep way- I'm often mind blown in this class. Most of my previous English classes consisted of just reading and filling out meaningless worksheets, taking bland notes, and writing boring essays. In this class, however, I'm actually interested in learning and feel that I'm gaining knowledge on the texts we read. I loved "The Great Gatsby." I was surprised, in fact, by how much I liked it- I thought that I would be bored by it, but I ended up enjoying it immensely.
Once again, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving break!

No comments:

Post a Comment